Backend Developer / DevOps Engineer
We are developing the Lisios WaterAlarm, a system to measure water consumption and detect leakages in residential buildings. The system consists of a device which can easily be attached to the mains water pipe by homeowners. In an app, users get detailed information about their water consumption and receive alerts in case a leakage is detected. With our system we want to protect homeowners from major damage, but also contribute to a more responsible use of the scarce resource water.
Fancy working with a small and dynamic team on an innovative product conquering an emerging market segment? We do not only offer you the opportunity to grow personally, but also to become part of our exciting journey with many interesting challenges ahead. Join us in our endeavour to develop top-of-the-notch IoT products.
Our and your challenges:
- Bring our backend architecture to the next level with the necessary components and services
- Set up and maintain our CD/CI/CT environments
- Implement, deploy and monitor our backend services
- Plan and implement backup and scaling strategies
- Develop tools & scripts and improve IT security
- Come up with ideas for product improvements or new products
- Participate and contribute in bringing our team to the next level
What you bring to the table:
- You studied computer science or have a comparable qualification
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a backend developer and/or DevOps engineer
- You can do magic with Linux, Python und Git/GitLab
- Your know-how of Docker, FastAPI, Influx, MQTT, Redis und Postgres is unparalleled
- You know your way around state-of-the-art (IoT) architectures, design patterns as well as CD/CI/CT
- You have an agile mindset and know your way around agile frameworks like Scrum
- You are able to communicate confidently in German and/or English
What you can expect from us:
- An exciting job in a startup with a permanent employment contract
- Flexible work hours and location. Work remotely or in our office at the “Neumarkt”, right at the heart of Cologne
- State-of-the-art equipment and the usual perks like beverages, fresh fruits, job ticket (for public transport)
- Freedom and opportunity to come up with your own ideas and to shape the future of Lisios
We prefer to employ full-time, but are open to discuss other working time models.
We have sparked your interest and you can tick off all of the above? Excellent, please send us your application immediately. You do not meet all the requirements, but you would love to join the team? No worries, we’ve all been there and we know that it’s rarely a 100% fit. So, give it a go.